1. Brahmi reduces stress and anxiety as it decreases the levels of cortisol, which is known as the stress hormone. Brahmi counteracts the effects of stress by regulating hormones involved with the stress response.
2. Regular consumption of Brahmi helps in strengthening your immune system. A lot of nutrients along with antioxidant compounds help increase the response time of our immune system against various diseases and ailments.
3. Brahmi is known to help ease the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease due to the presence of the amyloid compound in the neuron that is responsible for damaging the brain. The bio-chemical known as bacosides in Brahmi helps in re-building brain tissues by influencing the brain cells.
4.Anti-inflammatory Capacity: When the leaves of the Brahmi plant are rubbed topically on affected parts of the body, the compounds released can reduce swelling and eliminate irritation, as well as inflammation inside the body as well. This is ideal for people suffering from arthritis, gout, and other inflammatory conditions.
5. Improves Respiratory Health: When Brahmi is brewed in a tea or chewed as normal leaves, it can boost your respiratory health. It has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for treating bronchitis, congestion, chest colds, and blocked sinuses. It can clear out excess phlegm and mucus and relieve the inflammation in the throat and respiratory tracts to provide you with rapid relief.
6.Helpful in Treating Epilepsy: The leaves of Brahmi have been used as a treatment for epilepsy for thousands of years. This is thought to be due to the effect the herb has on neural pathways. It helps to prevent epileptic seizures, as well as other forms of mental disease, including bipolar disorder and neuralgia.
7. Treats Digestive Issues: Brahmi is a sedative and soothing herb, as well as anti-inflammatory and may help in providing relief from gastrointestinal conditions such as ulcers, etc.